Rock’N River Water Park to open Saturday, May 30
The City of Round Rock’s Parks and Recreation Department is taking measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 at its pools for the summer, including limiting capacity.
Micki Krebsbach Pool opened on Saturday, May 23, with operating hours from 1-7 p.m. daily (closed on Tuesdays). Reservations for the pool’s picnic tables can be made by calling 512-218-5540.
Rock’N River Water Park will open Saturday, May 30, with operating hours from noon to 7 p.m. daily (closed on Wednesdays). Rental reservations for Rock’N River can be made for cabanas, pergolas, bungalows, umbrellas, and birthday parties by visiting roundrocktexas.gov/river.
Both facilities will open with limited capacities to allow for physical distancing in the water and on the deck. All guests should be aware of their space and their proximity to others during their visit. Pool teams will be enacting increased sanitation protocols throughout the facilities, and high touch point areas will be disinfected regularly.
The indoor pool at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center is currently open by appointment for lap swimming. Call 512-218-3220 to make an appointment.
All pool rules remain in place, with the following health and safety protocols recommended:
- Maintain appropriate physical distance of six feet or more between yourself and others you do not live with while in the pool and on the pool deck.
- Stay home if you are sick or not feeling well.
- Wash your hands frequently and for 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Respect any posted capacity limits. The number of people in pool/deck areas may be limited.
- Those wearing face coverings are advised to not wear them in the water. Cloth face coverings can be difficult to breathe through when they’re wet.
- Face masks are not required by law, but are encouraged when outside of the water, where feasible.
- Maintain appropriate social distance from those you do not live with while in the pool, on the pool deck, or in queue lines.
- Deck chairs will be limited. Patrons are encouraged to bring blankets and find a space on the lawn at appropriate social distance from those you do not live with.
- Shower and changing areas will be limited. Please arrive dressed for your pool activities, and it is recommended to change and shower at home.
- Be conscious of social distancing and refrain from close contact with lifeguards and pool support team members.
- Children under 12 should be actively supervised by a responsible adult. Children 6 and under must be within arms reach of a parent/guardian at all times.
For more information and updates, visit roundrocktexas.gov/pools.
Source: City of Round Rock website