The Round Rock Public Library will welcome visitors from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and will be closed on Sundays. There will be limited seating and visitors will notice floor decals on the ground to designate where people should stand while in line, and there will be Plexiglass shields at service desks and check-out. Please be courteous and mindful of others and practice proper social distancing by allowing at least 6 feet of space between each person. We are encouraging patrons to spend 30 minutes or less at the library.
Among other service changes are:
- Face coverings are required for visitors by city ordinance
- Monitored and metered visitor access
- Five public computer stations with users limited to one 30 minute session per day
- For the safety of our patrons and staff, we cannot offer personal assistance on our public computers or copiers; all usage and knowledge of the public computers is the patron’s sole responsibility.
- Study rooms, Meeting rooms, Literacy room and Computer classroom are closed
- The Family Place play area closed
- Book donations are not accepted
- Interlibrary loan service suspended until further notice
- Courtesy phone is unavailable
- Texshare card program resumes August 17, 2020
Virtual programming will continue with no in-person programming.
The Library’s curbside pickup service, located in the Sheppard Street parking lot, is available from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Here’s how it works:
- Library will notify patrons by text or email that their holds (up to 5 items) are available to pick up
- Patrons will have 7 days from receiving the notification to use curbside to pick-up items
- Use the link found in your email or text notification to schedule your day to pick-up.
- Enter the Sheppard Street parking lot and pull up to a staff member. Remain in vehicle and roll down passenger-side window. Please have library card number ready
- Staff will retrieve items and take them to your vehicle.
- Items will already be checked out. Patrons with mobility issues are asked to please let staff know and pick-up order will be placed by a staff member in trunk
- Returns must be made at the outside book drop at the opposite side of the building. No exceptions
I turned in my library items to the outside book drop today. Why are they still on my account?
All returns will be quarantined for four days. Your items will still be checked out to you until the quarantine period is over. No fines or fees will be accrued.
Are you accepting donations?
Sorry no, we cannot process donations at this time.